The Ball Valve — one of the most popular valves types available in the market today for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. This valve is known for its versatility and reliability. Helping you to find the right valve suppliers is the main aim of this article. Anyway, we don’t just stick to that topic here. OK, before we talk about valve suppliers; let’s get to know the Ball Valve bit better! Why has this valve got this name? Well, the reason for this name — the part that controls the flow of fluid in this valve is a hollow ball or a sphere. In fact, the fluid-controlling process in this valve is more complex and effective than that in your kitchen tap.
OK, we can explain the process to you with this picture (http://www.metalsvalve.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/bidirectional-double-seats-floating-ball-valve-design.jpg.) Well, this is the best picture to explain its fluid-controlling process. As you can see in the picture, the hollow metal sphere is the main part that controls the fluid flow. The hollow sphere is connected to the lever directly, so turning the lever or the handle will turn the sphere too. Quarter-turn valve is another name given to the Ball Valve. What does it mean by a quarter-turn valve? Look at the picture again! When you turn the handle or the lever through an angle of 90 degrees; the hollow sphere will turn and create a gap for the fluid to flow freely. Two sealing materials are closely placed on either side of the sphere to prevent fluid leakage. Same as the hollow sphere, the two sealing materials play a major role here.
As you can see in the picture, a Ball Valve is a robust design when compared to general valves such the one fixed on your kitchen sink. This robustness makes this valve a top choice for serious applications such as commercial and industrial. Of course, you can find PVC types of this versatile valve in your home. Anyway, PVC valves are not suitable for most commercial and industrial applications; PVC cannot withstand high-pressure and temperature. As a house owner, you will not buy the Ball Valve in bulk amounts, so the nearest hardware shop is the best place to buy one. Why is this valve type is more suitable for robust applications? Well, metal alternatives of these valves are strong, durable, versatile, robust, and repairable. Also, a Ball Valve can offer a quick shut-off, which is an essential quality for industrial and commercial applications. Turning the valve lever through an angle of 90 degrees will quickly shut-off the fluid flow. So, in case of an emergency; you can quickly block the fluid flow to stop a disaster.
OK, now let’s come the main topic of the article. Let’s say you look for this versatile valve type for commercial or industrial applications. Then, the local hardware shop isn’t the best place to visit. Also, if you plan to buy this valve in bulk amounts for reselling; choosing a long-term and a reliable supplier is important. Well, you don’t need to go after the manufacturer. Below is a list of things to consider:
* The range of choices: Various Ball Valve types are there to fulfill various applications. So, if you look for a supplier; make sure the supplier can supply you a wide range of valves. Different sizes, body types, materials, grades, and operation are the things to consider here. PVC valves are suitable for residential applications. Stainless steel valves are suitable for robust applications. Repairable valves are suitable for industrial applications. So, various valve types are there that come with unique advantages. The supplier should have products from over one manufacturer. Some of the products can be imported ones from renowned countries such as Germany and the UK. When you have more options to choose from; you can find the Ball Valve that fits your application the most.
* A good track record: Choosing a valve for commercial and industrial application is not a joke. Here, you are not looking for a valve to fix on your kitchen sink. Let’s say you want a few valves for a serious application; for a gas plant. If you are the engineer or the technician; choosing the best Ball Valve is your responsibility. So, would you buy it from the local hardware? We don’t think so! A good track record includes the number of service years. Nobody can survive in the industry for long if they sell “crap” products. Also, the supplier should have a website that explains all their products and services. You should be able to buy products online or get the products delivered to your doorstep.
* Ball Valve quality: Quality of the products is the top factor to consider. How their previous customers have rated their products? Or, you can talk to an engineer or a technician; they might know a reliable supplier in the city. You should focus on the material quality too. For example, stainless steel comes in various grades and quality. You should forget the price here. Customers who look for cheap products always end up in getting into trouble. Remember, a Ball Valve failure can cause a disaster such as a gas plant or an oil rig explosion. So, don’t underestimate the product quality and focus on the price. High-quality comes with a high price.
* Delivery: Let’s say you want to import the product from another country. What are their delivery options? How much do they charge for delivery fees? Choosing a local supplier will save your time and money in the long run, and you better keep it in your mind when looking for a Ball Valve supplier. You can easily access the local supplier. Also, the delivery time and cost will be lower.
* Tech support: Pay attention to their after-sell service too. Do they have engineers and technicians to send to your office or whatever the place that you want them to be? What if something goes wrong with the Ball Valve? Do they provide tech support service to fix any issues? While some suppliers focus only on making money, most of the suppliers want to build a long-term customer-supplier relationship with you. So, do your research and hire a supplier who wants to build a long-term relationship with you.
Well, you will focus on the price too. We don’t advise you choose the most expensive supplier in the city. But, don’t look for the cheapest in your city!