Good Structural And a Bad One: A Comparison
We want every Structural Engineer to be a good one. Well, don’t get me wrong when I used the term, Bad Engineer. The engineering industry is a responsible one, and all the engineers out there should do their job properly. Please don’t be the reason to make any more stories about engineering failures like we had in the past. In this article, I will be highlighting top qualities of a good Structural Engineer, and at the same time; signs of a bad engineer.
* A good engineer is the one that who always takes initiative. He doesn’t wait for instructions. Well, it doesn’t mean that he doesn’t listen to anyone. But you don’t have to push him. When you have a good Structural Engineer in your construction company, it is a big asset. You know someone energetic and enthusiastic is there for you always. The bad engineer, on the other hand; always waits for instructions. He knows what to do, but he doesn’t show it.
* Everyone wants to be a better person. We want to become the best at what we do, and I don’t see anything wrong with it. Anyway, you should do it in the right way without harming anyone. A good Structural Engineer continuously works harder to become a better person. He/she knows the value of learning something new every day. But a bad engineer thinks he/she knows everything. They think that the degree and the license they have is everything. Even when they get an opportunity to learn something new, they don’t take it.
* Creativity is a very important skill to develop if to become a good Structural Engineer. Creativity comes with thinking about new things. You should train your mind to it. Exercises are there that will enhance your creativity. Bad engineer, on the other hand; don’t worry about improving his/her creative skills. He is a chaotic character.
* Good and disciplined words go together. Other people love to work with a well-disciplined Structural Engineer. Working with him/her is a piece of cake. He loves his job and works it respectfully. As a Structural Engineer, you will have to work with a team of experts and professionals. A bad engineer will never fit into the team. Others will resist him. Will you work with someone who is chaotic? I don’t think so.
* Good engineers have the eager to learn and work. He/she always asks questions. Well, if you don’t know something, then you should ask it from someone who is better than you. Asking questions is a sign of a good Structural Engineer. But a bad engineer will do the opposite. I mean, he/she is afraid to ask questions as they think it will make them look dumb. Without asking questions, how can you get to know what you don’t know?
* A good engineer is a great team player. You can’t survive in a company today if you are not a good team player. People hate selfish people, and it is a fact. Bad engineers want to get the credit of what the team achieved together. Finally, the other members of the team will start to resist him. Try your best to become a good Structural Engineer so.