Cost of Attic Cleaning and Insulation Removal
Well, sadly, calculating the average cost of Attic Insulation Removal and cleanup is not easy. Many things are there to consider. I mean, Every project has its unique set of issues and challenges to overcome. Anyway, Insulation Removal is essential for house owners if energy bills are reaching the sky. While it’s difficult to calculate the average cost, I compiled a list of factors that you need to know to calculate your cost. See the list below:
* Attic size: Every house has its unique attic. Here I am talking about the approximate square footage of your attic. Well, you know; larger the attic, more the cost. Again, after the Insulation Removal and cleaning, you need more insulation to cover a larger attic. In summary, a larger attic will increase your cost for Insulation Removal and replacement.
* Your Location: Where do you live? Did you know: your location may have an impact on the total cost of Insulation Removal and replacement. Well, I am talking about the labor rates. If you live in Melbourne, then the company rates are almost the same, but if you live in a different state; their rates would be different to Melbourne companies. Anyway, you can find the cost in your state by requesting a price quote from the company you are considering.
* Attic Accessibility: Do you have a “hard-to-reach” attic? Ceiling height and layout make Insulation Removal and replacement more complicated. Getting the vacuum into the attic would be a challenge in this case. Is there enough room for the removal company staff to move freely? Is your attic is full of junks and boxes?
* Damage: This is a thing to consider before Insulation Removal. You can’t assess the extent of damage yourself, so get a licensed contractor for an on-site inspection to evaluate. Inspector would give you a list of things to do before Insulation Removal such as water ingress and damage; pest infestation; and a leaky roof. If you have a plan for an attic conversion to a bedroom; you should resolve all these issues in the first place. A leaky roof is an Insulation killer, so get professionals to fix your roof first. Well, if your attic was a house for rodents, you may have many damaged electricity wires that need fixing. If the licensed contractor gave you a “big list,” you better be ready to face the extra cost.
* Asbestos removal: This is the toughest of all complications. If your Attic Insulation has Asbestos in it, the whole removing process is dangerous and risky. Don’t even think of doing yourself. Firstly, you must determine asbestos presence. While there are Testing Kits to determine asbestos presence yourself, hiring a professional can save your life. I am sure you have heard about carcinogenic effects of asbestos. Asbestos particles are irritants, so you can get a lung disease by breathing the particles. If you are living in a house that is from the 30s, 40, and 50s; it’s safe to assume that attic insulation has traces of asbestos in it. Asbestos containing Insulation Removal can be expensive, and a certified asbestos abatement contractor should handle the job.
Summary: Insulation Removal and replacement in your home may cost you more than you ever thought. Well, this is not the complete list, so many other things are there to consider. Please read the part-2 to see the rest.