Useful tips by Furniture Movers for Moving an Antique
Are you one of those proud owners of antique furniture? OK, what is antique furniture? Antique furniture is a beautiful and memorable piece that you got from your ancestors, or you bought in an auction. Antiques are irreplaceable and priceless. So, you must look after them well. Imagine you are going to move into a new house sooner or later. Not like other items; moving antique is not easy and must do it very carefully.
While some people love modern things some people like old, traditional, and classic styles. If you are in the second category, then you must have more than one antique in your home. This article gives you tips by Furniture Movers for moving antique furniture into your new house, safely.
Moving an Antique: Well, moving antique furniture is not easy as you may think. It’s not a straightforward job either. A small scratch would destroy its preciousness. Another thing to consider is that antique furniture is much heavier than the modern ones. Also, some antique furniture comes as a single piece. So, you can’t dismantle them for easy transporting. Considering all these facts, it’s always wise to hire professional Furniture Movers to get this done for you.
Every Furniture Movers have well-trained staff to handle antiques. Special techniques and equipment are necessary. OK, if you are a risk taker and if you want to move it by yourself, follow these steps.
1) The first step is analyzing the size and the quality of your antique furniture. This step enables you to decide how many people you need, and the amount of packing supplies you need for a safe transfer. Well, it’s not practical to measure its weight. Professional Furniture Movers use about 3-5 staff. Anyway, those staff members are highly-skilled and stronger than you. So, you better call for 4-6 of your friends to get it done.
2) During the moving process, there’s a chance for scratches and bruises to occur. As I said earlier, a tiny scratch would diminish its value. So, you better be very careful. To prevent this disaster, Furniture Movers use extra padding. They use high-quality packing supplies for padding antique. Well, many materials are there for you to use. Bubble wraps would be the best, but cartons, mover’s blanket, and shrink foil also effective.
3) OK, you have all the padding materials. Next step is tightly securing all the pads. If not tightly secured, you would lose the grip when lifting. Furniture Movers make sure all the padding are tightly secured before lifting antiques. You can use plastic mover’s tape for covering furniture. Oh, wait! When you use plastic tapes, make sure the sticky side doesn’t touch the furniture.
4) The next step is carrying it safely. I have seen the way Furniture Movers do it. Two people in the front and two at the back. Keep one of your friends as a standby. If someone fails, he can take the position. Well, don’t rush, be patient. I mean, one step after another. No pushing or pulling, please. Everybody should move at the same speed. If you feel that you are losing the grip, let others know quickly. Furniture Movers communicate effectively when carrying antique.
5) The last step is placing it carefully (In the truck or new house.) After placing carefully, be delicate when unpacking. Antique furniture is too fragile to handle carelessly.
OK, these are the steps that Furniture Movers take for handling antiques. When calling your friends, make sure they are responsible and patient fellows. It’s always better to hire professional Furniture Movers for antique moving jobs.